A marriage of American and Swiss heritage, the International Watch Company was founded in 1868 by Boston watchmaker Florentine Ariosto Jones in Schaffhausen. In 1936, the first Special Pilot’s Watch was launched, featuring a rotating bezel with an arrowhead index and antimagnetic escapement. Three years later, the famous Portuguese watch (now known as the Portugieser) was unveiled with a 74-calibre hunter pocket watch movement in a wristwatch case. In 2000, IWC was acquired by the Richemont group, which it remains with till the present day. Find out more here.
IWC’s blue beauty shines.
IWC goes white, blue and classic for its 150th.